by Dayna Winter from Shopify
Whether you’re a creator or a curator looking to make money selling art online, this how to sell artwork online and in person guide is for you. We consulted experts and successful artists for their advice on everything you need to know to sell your art, from marketing to pricing to shipping. You can also use this guide to learn how to sell your photos online as art.
- Meet the art experts
- What’s right for you: selling your own art or selling works by other artists?
- What art to sell: originals or reproductions?
- Reproductions of art: open or limited edition?
- Printing art and choosing printers
- Photographing and scanning art
- Building your brand as an artist or art curator
- How to set retail prices for your art
- Selling art online: setting up your store
- More channels for selling art online
- Gallery exhibitions, pop-ups, and offline events for selling art
- Working with galleries to sell your art
- Marketing for art brands
- Packaging and shipping art
- Plagiarism issues and copyright protection when selling art
- The artist as an entrepreneur