Last year we created and successfully ran the first ever artist mentoring programme for the Coromandel Peninsula and Hauraki rohe, called pARTner Up. We even made a short doco about it called ‘Flourish’ that you view HERE.
pARTner Up connects creatives in mentor-mentee relationships that propel artists to build confidence, thrive and flourish with their art at the centre of their success.
Applications are now open for local creatives interested in being a mentee in pARTner Up 2021/2022. We seek applications from artists who may be working in any medium or genre of visual, literary or performing arts.
To be eligible for a place you must be:
- A resident in the Coromandel Peninsula or Hauraki rohe
- Over 18 years of age.
- Committed to your art and have a level of competence in your field
- Strongly wanting to develop your art practice and/or your art business. Please note: this is NOT a course to learn new art techniques but to grow you personally and professionally within your art practice.
- Prepared to commit to completing the programme and embracing the opportunities for learning and growth that this programme will provide.
- This year’s pARTner Up programme will cost mentees $500 to participate. Payment options are available (T&C’s apply).
Your mentor will be:
- A champion for you via a one-to-one mentoring conversation for 16 hours over six months.
- A well-established arts professional who has achieved a level of excellence in their own art form
pARTner Up is a 6 month programme, starting at the beginning of August 2021 – mid April 2022, with a break over December and January.
The programme includes:
- An initial facilitated group workshop in which you will be helped to explore your goals for your art practice and build a safe learning environment.
- Working with an artist mentor for a minimum of six months with 16 hours of contact (full programme).
- Group workshops spaced throughout the programme, the content and number of which will be determined by the requirements of the mentees. These may incorporate specific business skills tutors, guest speakers, and group work. There will be four 5-hour workshops.
- Regular support from the Mentee Coordinator.
You will need to be available to attend the following workshops in person:
- 7 August 2021 – Orientation
- 8 September 2021
- 30 October 2021
- 4 December 2021
- March 2022 – Final Exhibition and Celebration
Take your creative practice to the next level! Download an application form HERE.
Applications close Sunday 18 July, 5pm. Send your completed application to email@example.com or post it to 43 Park Lane, Whitianga 3510
If you have any questions about this programme please contact Heather Watt on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 027 3888 007
pARTner Up is a non-profit initiative. We gratefully acknowledge funding support from Lottery Community, local philanthropic supporters and local arts groups, who together have made the majority of pARTner Up 2021/2022 possible.