Last year we created and successfully ran the first ever artist mentoring programme for the Thames-Coromandel District and Hauraki rohe, called pARTner Up.
pARTner Up connects creatives in mentor-mentee relationships that propel artists to build confidence, thrive and flourish with their art at the centre of their success. We even made a little documentary called ‘Flourish’ featuring stories from the first group of mentees, that you can view HERE.
We are currently preparing for pARTner Up 2021-2022 and seeking expressions of interest for Mentors. This is a paid role.
To be a mentor you must meet the following criteria:
- Preferably a resident in the Waikato region.
- Be a well established successful arts professional who has achieved a level of excellence in their own art form.
- Can be a champion for the programme mentee/s via one to one mentoring conversation for 15 hours over six months.
- Have the skills to encourage and support the mentee artist to step outside their comfort zone.
- Available to attend and participate in mentor training workshops and regular supervision with Lead Mentor.
pARTner UP will run from the end of July 2021 to the end of March 2022. The first phase concludes at the end of September 2021 and the second phase is subject to confirmation of funding.
You will need to be available to attend the following workshops/events:
- 27 June, Mentor Training Workshop, 10 – 4pm at The Common Room, 26a Albert St Whitianga. 10 – 4pm *Please note, attendance is unpaid
- 30 October, Mentor & Mentee shared learnings workshop (funding dependent)
- March 2022 Final Exhibition and Celebration (actual date TBC, funding dependent)
If this sounds like you, click HERE to download an application form.
Applications extended until Tuesday 8 June, 5pm.
Send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 43 Park Lane, Whitianga 3510